Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving in Oregon

We have been home from Oregon for way over a week now, and I've been intending to do a little bloggy blogging since we've returned. I just hate to keeps our fans waiting...
Here's a glimpse of our trip:

My mom and my two BFFs, Alison & Beka, threw me a wonderful baby shower. The above picture is of all of our loot. There were so many people at my shower that have been a part of my life for pretty much forever and I felt so blessed! I guess Karen Lee is still loved and remember in good ol' Jefferson.


This is Mary. She's also known me forever. Mary was my sewing 4-H leader and has been my sewing guru ever since. Mary quilted our baby a beautiful quilt and a pair of little booties. As my sewing guru, she helped me make a quilt for Steve about 7 years ago, and so I enlisted her to help me finish my baby's cradle quilt. She was thrilled by the prospect! I will post pictures when the bedding is all finished up.
Next we head up to my grandparents' farm. It was great, and of course, we shot guns and ate food.

Some fun male bonding: My dad and Steve cleaning the guns. Look out, gentlemen callers!

My little bro Jeffy and Steve. And you thought I was the silly one in the family...


This is my twin brother, Jimmy. Don't we look alike? Yes, he is hugging an assault rifle and a hand gun. He's going to make a pretty ferocious uncle. Here's a little secret: he's really just a big teddy bear. He's also single and looking to mingle...

Yes, I'm pregnant and shooting a handgun. I felt really weird about doing that. My dad got a little cowboy gun and really wanted me to try it out. 

I asked Steve to look tough in this picture. I'm not sure he delivered. 

Steve and I stayed in Oregon until early Sunday morning so that I could go to the Civil War game with my Dad. You may already know this, but my family (Dad in particular) are major Beaver believers. This picture was obviously taken before the game, because we were all smiles. I won't post any details about the game, but it wasn't exactly pretty. However, I had a great time with my dad so it was worth it.

We drove home the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I wouldn't recommend doing that drive to anyone, especially if you're pregnant. I took us 20 hours. No joke. It was awful and we're trying to block that out of our memories. Anyways, we had a great time and find it hard to believe that the next time we're up there, we'll have a little addition with us! CRAZY!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

20 HOURS......yikes. That sounds miserable.

Leiflet said...

Did you feel Baby Dunlap jump when you fired a shot? Lisa was learning a Mozart piece when she had the preggers, and there was one piece that went from a quiet passage to this loud downbeat. And everytime she played it, the baby would totally jump.

candacemorris said...

a funny story leif!

karen,
dude, the picture of you shooting and the pic of tough steve need to be your next xmas card.

i love you.
hope you are taking good care of yourself.

More Dorrs said...

It was so good to see you friends. Can't wait to see you again in a couple of weeks!!!

-b

ck2m said...

I think the Lee family delivered in all these pictures. Sorry to hear the trip back wasn't so fun. Long road trips always remind me how Corey and I met.

kobbs said...

whoa! what did Baby D think of gunshots? Did she kick once to say, "Stop! pumpkin cruelty!" or did she jab twice - which would mean, "Where's the double barrel momma? Go bag me an elk!"

christinaandbrian said...

..i heard your dad has a single son...

thanks for the update. i'd love to see a belly pic too soon please????

Anonymous said...

Now when you say the Civil war game didnt go well, what do you mean? Did you guys lose? I am not aware of this information?
I was so busy watching USC beating UCLA i wasnt able to catch your game. How many points did you guys win by?
:-)

The Hendriks Three said...

Congratulations on baby girl dunlap! we aree so excited for you guys! just read your christmas card...very cute!

Nies Kids said...

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know my blog address changed... i think you can follow the link of how I have just commented.
Hope the baby is growing big- ours is!