Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The End is Near

The end of summer, that is. Our little family has been working our darnedest to avoid Back to School sales and commercials, but it is a losing battle. Steve's students return on Monday, so he's been in his classroom this week gearing up for that. As for me (Karen), my students don't return until Sept. 10th, but I have a lot of work to do before that happens. As many of you know, I am fortunate enough to return to work only part-time. How does that work as an elementary teacher? Well, I am team-teaching with my friend and we are switching off weeks. So when I'm off, I'll really get to stay home and (hopefully) not think about work.

I have been pouting a bit (or a lot) about returning to work, but lately I have been trying to see the good in this. Here's the good:
1. I have a job.
2. I only have to work part-time.
3. I have a job that I really, truly love.
4. Delaney will be in VERY competent hands (her Nana and our good friend Kari).

So what's bad about that? I've had 6 months off. Lucky me, lucky Delaney. But here's the bad:
1. I have to leave Delaney. Boo.
2. Is there such a thing as a "part-time" teacher? I am normally like a full-time plus part-time teacher. Can I do it?

On other matters, Riverside has been blessed with below average temperatures (90's instead of 100's), and we're trying to take advantage of that. Tonight our family (sans kitties) had a wee little picnic in the park.

Tired of seeing pictures like this yet? I'm not.

It isn't a party unless Brundibar's invited.

Why do we encourage this type of behavior? Beats me!

4 comments:

candacemorris said...

Are you sure you're feeding her enough? WHERE ARE THE ROLLS?

Casey Angulo said...

I love reading your blog. :)

Mary said...

Who can get tired of pictures of such a beautiful family???
I hope to get Henry and Laney rolling around together some day!

Leiflet said...

She has mastered Steve's art of Rolling Ones Eyes.