Monday, May 9, 2011

Catching Up

This post finds us, once again, in need of some catching up. Here goes...

Way back in April, we met up with some dear college friends at Disneyland. Joel and Jenni Florendo live in Boise now, which is not situated near I-5. That's usually how we reconnect with college friends--meeting up somewhere on I-5. So, if you're not close to I-5, you're generally out of luck. But as good fortune might have it, Jenni and Joel planned a surprise Disneyland vacation (coolest parents ever) for their twin 5 year old girls. We all got to spend the day together, and it was so great. Even though we haven't seen the Florendos in 6 years (boo), we picked up right where we left off. I just love those types of friendships. The only bummer thing was that I didn't take any pictures of the grown ups. So you'll just have to trust me and believe that we were actually there.

Johanna and Rosella became best buddies with Delaney in a matter of minutes. Don't you just love how kids can do that?

I don't know who this fairy is, and neither does Delaney, but she ran to her with open arms nonetheless. Perhaps it's time for a stranger danger lesson?

I don't know what's going on here, but I'm guessing it's some type of Delaney shenanigan.

And just last week another dear college friend, Megan Koops, came to San Diego for a visit. We got together with Joaquin and Laura Robinson (and our 4 rowdy kiddos) and journeyed to Temecula to meet up with Koops. It was another happy reunion, and it was so fun to have her meet our children. She works with kids so she was totally at ease with the chaos. We had dinner next to a duck pond, which the kids LOVED. I did my best not to hyperventilate as Delaney routinely got too close for comfort to the ducks and the edge of the pond. When will she ever acquire a healthy dose of fear?

Delaney actually asked me if she could kiss the birdies. Gross.

Delaney and Josiah. Delaney loves herself some 'Siah.

The gang: Laura and Harper (not sure what they're looking at!), Joaquin and Josiah, Megan, and the Dunlaps.

In other news, Delaney got her bangs trimmed, so she can now see the world:


And it's bathing suit season, which makes Delaney just a wee bit giddy:


And finally, Jude is really a very cute baby. Here's proof:


No comments: