Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Adventures

Fall came to Riverside the other day. Then it left and we had yet another week of 90-100 degree weather. But it's coming! I can feel it!

So, regardless of what the thermometer reads, we've been celebrating the coming of autumn with fun activities with fun friends.

We joined the Heun and Ramirez families for a fun Saturday of pumpkin patching. I'm a self-diagnosed pumpkin patch snob, what with my grandparents' farm and Pumpkin Funland being a part of my childhood. So it takes a bit to impress me when it comes to pumpkin patches, but I enjoyed myself at Peltzer Farms. It was great to spend some time with my teacher friends, Heather and Jessica, whom I don't get to see much anymore. It's so fun to see our kiddos play together, because golly--it feels like just yesterday they were all babies!

Brother and Sister 
Delaney with Gillian and Anneliese Heun
In line for the pig races: Jude, Julien, Nya, Gillian, Anneliese, & Delaney
The dudes 
The dudettes 
All the kiddos. This was the best shot that I could get!
 We also had a fun farm play date at our friend Jenny's house. However, I really didn't get any good shots of the kids, moms, or animals. But here's a shot of the kids before the play date. Delaney's protective arm around her brother pulls on the ol' heartstrings!

Sibling love 
This weekend, our little family visited the Hurst Ranch Harvest Festival. This is the third year in a row that we've attended this event, and I'm really enjoying this fall tradition. My former student Tabatha's 4-H group hosts the petting zoo, and I'm pretty certain that Tabby LOVES chasing my kids around every year. 
Jude meets an alpaca.
Tabatha, Delaney, and a silky chicken 
Papa living it up with the grandkids in the craft barn.
Delaney, at the magical fairy garden. This is her favorite place every year. Check it out: 
October 2011
October 2010
Of course Jude had to join in on the magic! Boys can hang out in magical fairy gardens too!
Selecting their pumpkins
Nana and Delaney churning butter.
Dunlap men

No comments: